Opportunity for a logging engineer to join us at an exciting time.
Excellent salary, company bonus scheme, private pension scheme.
Due to continued growth, a fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Geophysical Logging Engineer to join the team at European Geophysical Services. The role is based at our stunning offices just outside Shrewsbury.
European Geophysical Services is the largest independent borehole geophysical logging company in Europe and operates in the hydrogeological, mineral exploration, geotechnical, environmental, and renewable energy industries. We now also have an office in Oslo covering our Scandinavian operations, so it’s an exciting time to join this progressive and innovative business.
The role involves carrying out borehole geophysical surveys throughout the UK and overseas, both on-shore and off-shore. The role will also require data interpretation, report writing, equipment maintenance and calibration. The work involves UK and overseas travel with extended periods away from the office. Occasional weekend work will be required.
Duties and responsibilities
- Carrying out borehole geophysical surveys
- Loading and testing equipment in preparation for travel to site
- Liaising with clients and consultants to help provide tailored solutions.
- Interpretating data and writing reports
- Maintaining and calibrating equipment
- Acting as a strong company ambassador
- Complying with health and safety
- Working well as part of a friendly team
Key skills and personal qualities
- Geology, geophysics or earth science subject based degree, as a minimum
- Experience in the hydrogeological, mineral exploration, or geotechnical industries would be an advantage, but not essential.
- Practical disposition and enjoy fieldwork
- Strong Microsoft Word and Excel skills
- Good team player and strong communication skills
- Commitment to the company mission statement and values
- Knowledge of WellCAD is desirable
- A full UK driving license and the right to employment in the UK
- Competitive salaries, with off-shore allowance and a company bonus scheme
- Private pension scheme
- Excellent facilities and training opportunities
- Salary £20,000- £30,000 depending on experience
To apply please send a CV and covering letter to email@example.com for the attention of Pip Charmley.